The entrance to a country home needs to offer practicality, functionality and style.
As you enter your home, a nook to unload your items from the day is essential. From work boots to school bags, raincoats to car keys, a drop off point makes decluttering your person convenient and efficient.
However, entryways can quickly and easily become messy, unless you invest a little time into the design.
We’ve put together some points to consider when designing your entryway:
- Enclosed storage. Deep drawers, boxes, cupboards - space to store away dirty boots or worn schoolbags so that everything isn’t in plain sight.
- A bench to sit down on – for family members to take a seat while they put their shoes on or take their shoes off.
- Hooks for bags or jackets. Keep in mind any hooks that store wet raincoats will need to have something waterproof below them, so don’t hang them over any soft furnishings!
- Baskets, drawers or pigeonholes for smaller items such as keys, mail, phones. You can allocate a space for each family member.
- A phone dock or charging point.
- Throw cushions for the bench will brighten up your entryway and they can be easily swapped to stay on trend.
From rustic to contemporary, below are a few entryway inspiration images.
Many furniture stores will sell entryway hutches, or if you’re handy with the hammer you can make one yourself.